Sunday 19 April 2015

Flubbery Blubber





"This feels so good I wish I could get inside it", said Mr 5.

There's nothing like mixing, making and then getting your hands into it.  So with it being school holidays I once again went to my go to book of the moment, 150 screen free activities and found the perfect activity that my 3 children would love.  Best of all I had all the ingredients in the cupboard. Asia calls it flubber but my kids renamed it blubber so flubbery blubber we have.

Flubbery Blubber
  • 1cup of water
  • 2tbsp Metamucil
  • Food coloring
  1. Stir to combine, it will thicken
  2. Microwave for 2 minutes watching to make sure it doesn't boil over
  3. Stir
  4. Microwave at 30 sec intervals stirring after each one
  5. Pour onto a plate and refrigerate to cool it down



Then bring it out to stretch, push and pull. Mr 5 loved using his toy car in it and wanted to climb inside. Mr 7 experimented with stretching it and pulling it apart and miss 2 rolled it around on the plate. To my surprise it was Mr 7 and Mr 5 that spent the most amount of time playing with our flubbery blubber.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a sip of ice tea with us and leave a message!