Monday 2 February 2015

Home



This weekend Miss 2 and I spent a weekend with my family in Vic.  It was a special weekend as my sister is about to get married and we flew down to be a part of the wedding preparations and spend time with her but it was flying home that I really felt I knew where my home is now.

You see we have lived on the coast in Queensland for nearly ten years.  We first moved here as we felt like we were up for an adventure as a couple and we both needed to make some career moves.  We wanted to live near the beach.  After traveling we decided we would both put in for jobs on the east coast of Australia and the first one to get one would lead us to where we were moving to.  My hubby landed one first.  Initially it was all about lifestyle and we do have a great lifestyle.  Then we bought our home.  Then we had kids.........

Ever since having kids I have always felt pulled in two directions about home.  I live here but the rest of my family is in Victoria.  And a number of times I felt a huge pull to have the my children growing up close to my extended family.  But coming home from this trip as great as it was I realised my home truly is here.

I love my house.
I love what we can provide for our kids here
I love that my husband is happy here (he often says the bus stopped and he got off and is never getting back on)
I love the community we have built here
I love that it is green
I love that we can play outdoors all year around
I love that I can walk to the beach and have a swim at 5:30am
I love the friends I have made
I love that we ride our bikes to school
I love that I can stay at home with my kids
I love that even though it is hard sometimes with no family close that as a couple we do ok
I love that my family is happy here
I love that I am happy here



I know that we may not always live here, who knows what will happen in the future.
I know I will always be happy where my family is happy.
I know I will always love my extended family and will always miss them but will make sure I see them and be part of there right now.
I know that my extended family will always be a big part of our family's and especially our children's lives.  I will make sure of that.
I know I will worry about things that you only think about if you are not close to family such as, how we will help to look after our parents as they get older, from a distance. I know we will find a way.

I know we are happy and that for now, this is truly home.

1 comment:

  1. So awesome that you love where you live, sounds fantastic. Can't wait to hear more about your life and family.

    ReplyDelete

Have a sip of ice tea with us and leave a message!