Yep I am still obsessed with my bread machine and this time it produced yummy delicious Jam Donuts.
I had spied this recipe while looking for a cinnamon donut one and marked it to try one day and everybody agreed this is a keeper.
My recipe is based on this one I just tweaked it a little.
Jam Donuts in the Bread Machine
- 1 cup luke warm water
- 5 tablespoons water
- 1 egg beaten
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 155g caster sugar
- 750g plain flour (I put in 5 cups)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon yeast
- Put water, yeast and sugar in bread machine and let it work it's magic for 10 minutes
- Add egg, butter.
- Add all other dry ingredients
- Put the machine on to dough cycle
- Once dough has finished role it out and use a small cup or cutter to make circles
- Put a drop of jam on every second circle
- Use your finger and trace water around the outside of the circle
- Place another circle on top and squish the sides together
- Fry in vegetable oil
- Serve with icing sugar.
These are so yum and I kept half the dough in the fridge over night and cooked some fresh the next day.
Now you know how to make them are they donuts or doughnuts?