Sunday 3 May 2015

13 Years






Yep last week we made it to 13 years.  Hard to believe 13 years has gone so quick, especially the last 7.......mmmmmmm maybe that has something to do with with little people entering our lives!

So to keep to our budget we decided to celebrate by having dinner at home..................yep we are party animals.  We always eat dinner with our kids so the whole idea was that we would cook the kids an easy meal and then we would have a celebratory dinner once they were in bed.

We made ourselves a Paella and then I created this dessert which I have to say I was pretty impressed with and was very easy.  I am call it Ice Cream ANZAC Sandwich.

Since making ANZAC biscuits on ANZAC Day, I have been stashing them in the freezer, this is one biscuit that all my kids actually eat.  So I defrosted 4 made them into an ice cream sandwhich and them I made this super quick chocolate sauce from Jamie Oliver's 30 minute meals cookbook.  If any of you have the book it is on page 270 - Fondue.  This is how I made it.

Ingredients

1 * 100g good dark chocolate (we used milk chocolate)
1 teaspoon vanilla paste or extract
100ml milk
pinch salt

  • Break up bar of chocolate
  • Add vanilla, milk and salt
  • Microwave on high for 1 1/2 minutes
  • Stir then microwave for another minute
Got to say easy and delish!

Oh and number 1 Dad did bring home these gorgeous flowers!


And this is the ANZAC recipe we are making at the moment.

http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/32957/anzac+biscuits


1 comment:

Have a sip of ice tea with us and leave a message!