I confess I am totally obsessed with my bread machine.
I love that I can put ingredients in turn it on and leave it.
I love the smell in my house.
I love the taste...........it nearly always comes out yum.
I love that it is cost effective for a family of five.
I love that it is something everyone in my family eats.
And I must admit I do like the ideal of providing fresh food for my family.
Over the last year I have started to cook more than just a loaf of bread in my bread machine and it has just indulged and feed my obsession. One of our favourites are these Italian Bread Rolls
Italian Bread Rolls
- 1 cup of warm water
- 2 1/4 tsp yeast
- 2 tbsp sugar (I often use honey)
- 3 tbsp melted butter
- 1 tsp minced garlic (I use the stuff from the jar)
- Fresh herbs finally chopped (whatever is in my herb garden)
- 3 cups of bakers flour
- 1 1/2 tsp of salt
- Combine water, yeast and sugar in the bread machine and leave for ten minuted to activate the yeast.
- When it is fluffy on top add the butter, garlic and herbs.
- Lastly add the flour and salt.
- If I think the rolls are going to last more than a day I add 2 tsp of bread improver now.
- Put your machine on dough cycle and let it work its magic.
- When the cycle is completed pull the dough out give it a quick knead, shape portions into rolls or sticks, pop them on a greased tray and cover them with a tea towel to have a second rise.
- Sprinkle on some Parmesan and pop them in the oven for approximately 20 minutes.
And yum fresh baked rolls for everyone to eat!
A great roll making tip that I once read you know rolls are ready when you tap the bottom and they sound hollow. I am not sure where I read that one but it always seems to work.